Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blog #2: 1st Week in College:


College in itself is difficult. Being in two classes at a time (Speech, College 101) it’s hard to prioritize what is most important to me. Communication is an everyday part of life that all human beings live with, and use. My instructor, Dr. Toller, explains to us through different genres, and scenarios how different methods of speech/communication can transform a particular conversation. From using more words that compliment to words that tear down speech and communication are sent and received. She has taught us how to read peoples non-verbal communication through their facial expressions, gestures, and voice inflections.

This class forces me to live in a place where I cannot rely solely on myself to get my assignments don. My four group members are as much apart of our group, and if not even more important than I am. Without each other we cannot do anything and succeed. We use each other for knowledge pooling, and also as resources. In our class Dr. Toller allows us to take our quizzes by ourselves, and then allows us to take the exact same quiz, but get this: WITH OUR PARTNERS!!!! BEST CLASS EVER!!! It allows me to do what I was born doing...... TALKING!!!!!!

The best thing about this class is that it gives me the ability to voice my opinion, and also puts me in a group of people that have to come together to fulfill a common goal. And also we all depend on each other for our grades. Also my group I very diverse in both authenticity, and in intellectuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment